Saturday, May 13, 2006

do i really want to know how my students would rate me?

There is a scene is Billy Madison where the principle, who is acting as a substitute teacher, intercepts a note being passed around the room. He then decides to read the note to the class, which goes a little something like this... We are so lucky to have the Principle as our substitute today (he beams as he reads this part of the note)....he should take his fat ass and throw it in front of a bus (his face falls about five feet)....

Literally, it is for this reason that I tend not to read the few notes I see. Rather I take the note and simply put it in my pocket. I think this causes enough terror for the kids, because they have no idea what I'll do with them.

There is a website that takes passing notes about your teachers to a whole new level. So if you're a teacher (and a glutton for punishment) or you're wondering if that crazy science teacher from high school is still insane as ever look 'em up @ www.ratemyteacher.com (NOTE: you do not need to be a member to look up or read teacher comments).

No comments: