Sunday, May 07, 2006

essential elements

The year is winding down which means it’s time to start reviewing for the final. I have these two overly giddy female students who regularly sneak out of lunch and come to my room to say hello. After realizing that this behavior (which is now frowned upon by the administration who feels strongly that teachers “desperately need down time”) didn’t seem to have an end in sight I decided to have the girls answer review questions anytime they came to visit. HA! Yeah right I’m thinking to myself, there’s no way these kids are going to leave lunch to do more work….How wrong I was. So taking this in stride, we reviewed photosynthesis and moved onto basic biological chemistry.

OK Michelle, what are the four elements which are essential to living things?

Ummm, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and ahh, orgasm? Ahh! I mean oxygen! Oxygen!

Yeah, well Michelle, some people would argue you’re right either way.

No comments: