Thursday, September 21, 2006

I know I've been remiss in my duties...

Life in boarding school is unfathomably different that teaching in Dorchester. I know some of you were worried that my new students wouldn't provide as much hilarity as my old students. Fear not, kids are kids, so here's a quick story....

Each week I make my students write a 5-4-3-2-1 reflection: 5 things they learned this week, 4 things they have questions about, 3 things things they want to learn more about, 2 really great things that happened this past week (they don't have to be science related) and one thing they can improve on for next week.

For the two really great things that happened, most kids said "I made Varsity Soccer," "I get to go home this weekend" or "I got an XBox 360," except Britany.

"a. Yesterday I was on AIM and I talked to my friend that graduated 2 years ago .We have this joke about someone at new Hampton, and we call her bushels because of her eyebrows, and I told her I am living in her dorm this year. . .and she was like I’m going to come over and visit and sleep in her bed and play with her eye brows with my pinky. And I almost died I was laughing so hard.
b. And theeennn. I was talking to her some more, and she just got out of rehab . . . and she was like yeah I’m doing really well, I don’t have a shot of whiskey with my cheerios anymore. HAHA she’s realllly funny. "

No comments: